Navigating the ins-and-outs of professional style can be tricky. Here are five helpful recommendations on choosing the right outfit for your headshot!
- Keep it authentic and genuine to who you are as a person. Don’t overdo it! Be sure that this is something you are willing to wear in your everyday routine.
- Sometimes, less is more. Begin with finding your outfit first. Find colors that mesh with your personality. Your outfit reveals who you are as a person!
- Have multiple options! We can shoot more than one look to ensure we capture your personality correctly. Try to mix it up, go for a bold look with one, and something more natural with the other.
- As Jennifer Aniston eloquently puts it in Office Space, “flair!” Accessorize for the occasion. For men, put on those cuff links, equip your best belt, shoes, a tie, and maybe even a scarf. For women, put on the bracelet, necklace, earrings, and throw on your best shoes! (They may not be in the shot, but they can instill absolute confidence needed for your headshot!)
- Try, try, and try again. Put together different outfits and see how they work together. Move around, look in the mirror, see if your spouse gives you a second glance as you walk past. You will know when you have it right!
- With all of this great advice, it sounds easy, right? It can still be tough, as we often overthink when we are trying to prepare. If you find yourself in a rut, feel free to reach out to me. I am more than happy and take pleasure in helping you succeed! Together we can create the perfect outfit.
leave a comment