Schedule your hair appointments the week of the session, not the morning of! You don’t want to run late, and you definitely don’t want a recipe for disaster if the person doing it messes up.
- Shower the day of and put on deodorant and brush your teeth. Don’t rush out the door and realize you forget these essential to-dos. You don’t want to feel gross being sweaty and dirty!
- Have your outfits prepared and laid out the night before. Make sure you iron and steam them to remove any wrinkles!
- If you think of any new ideas, tell your photographer. It’s a good idea to write these down, so you don’t forget!
- Have your nails done the day before, and this goes for both guys and girls! If you have a physical, demanding job, you might have dirt and grime underneath your fingernails. For girls, make sure they are to your liking and no chipped polish!
- Have a camera-ready face. For the girls, try to have a professional makeup artist do the job. They are skilled with foundations and products that won’t shine in photos or rub off on your clothes. For the guys, trim up the stray eyebrow hairs that stick out and dab on some chapstick. Dry lips are a no-no!